Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Look for me by Moonlight

Look for me by Moonlight
by Mary Downing Hahn

# of pages: 208
age range: 14+

Cynda's mother and stepfather are travelling, leaving her with her father and his second wife in a remote inn. When a strange older man comes to stay, Cynda becomes involved in his otherworldly charm, entering a dangerous world where she becomes more alienated from her family and in deeper trouble than ever.

Okay this is a quickie review. Seriously, quick, quick, like a rabbit.

I read this book because I needed a "horror" book to do a report on for my English class. And let me tell you, I was certainly horrified.

Basically, this 16-year-old girl falls in love with the too perfect, way too old guy who's staying at her father's/stepmother's inn for the winter. And well, he tries to kill her, why? Because he's a vampire. How does she figure this out, ghosts come and tell her. And so she just lets him bite her - every night. By the end of the book i was like "stake him already!"

I need a break from Vampire books, a long, loooong break.

-M.

No comments: