Friday, July 10, 2009

IMBB(6)

In My Book Bag is hosted by Kirsti at the story siren as "in my mailbox". So I got a couple books and I thought I would share them. Currently by reading pile is so large I can't even think about it (I'm talking over 20 books) but, the library ones can be renewed, and you might not see the newer ones on the shelf for awhile, and then again Barns and Noble is haivng a sale so...

Ok here are the 5 books I recieved this week:


Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted (ARC)
*(thank you kirsti from the story siren!)

In an explosion of his own making, Lucius blew his arms off. Now he has hooks. He chose hooks because they were cheaper. He chose hooks because he wouldn’t outgrow them so quickly. He chose hooks so that everyone would know he was different, so he would scare even himself.
Then he meets Aurora. The hooks don’t scare her. They don’t keep her away. In fact, they don’t make any difference at all to her.
But to Lucius, they mean everything. They remind him of the beast he is inside. Perhaps Aurora is his Beauty, destined to set his soul free from its suffering. Or maybe she’s just a girl who needs love just like he does.



The Season by Sarah Maclean (Library)

Seventeen year old Lady Alexandra is strong-willed and sharp-tongued -- in a house full of older brothers and their friends, she had to learn to hold her own. Not the best makings for an aristocratic lady in Regency London. Yet her mother still dreams of marrying Alex off to someone safe, respectable, and wealthy. But between ball gown fittings, dances, and dinner parties, Alex, along with her two best friends, Ella and Vivi, manages to get herself into what may be her biggest scrape yet.
When the Earl of Blackmoor is mysteriously killed, Alex decides to help his son, the brooding and devilishly handsome Gavin, uncover the truth. But will Alex's heart be stolen in the process? In an adventure brimming with espionage, murder, and other clandestine affairs, who could possibly have time to worry about finding a husband? Romance abounds as this year's season begins!



Impossible by Nancy Werlin (Library)

Inspired by the classic folk ballad “Scarborough Fair,” this is a wonderfully riveting novel of suspense, romance, and fantasy. Lucy is seventeen when she discovers that she is the latest recipient of a generations-old family curse that requires her to complete three seemingly impossible tasks or risk falling into madness and passing the curse on to the next generation. Unlike her ancestors, though, Lucy has family, friends, and other modern resources to help her out. But will it be enough to conquer this age-old evil?



Blue Moon by Alyson Noel (purchased)
*(Yay!)

Just as Ever is learning everything she can about her new abilities as an immortal, initiated into the dark, seductive world by her beloved Damen, something terrible is happening to him. As Ever’s powers are increasing, Damen’s are fading—stricken by a mysterious illness that threatens his memory, his identity, his life. Desperate to save him, Ever travels to the mystical dimension of Summerland, uncovering not only the secrets of Damen’s past—the brutal, tortured history he hoped to keep hidden—but also an ancient text revealing the workings of time. With the approaching blue moon heralding her only window for travel, Ever is forced to decide between turning back the clock and saving her family from the accident that claimed them—or staying in the present and saving Damen, who grows weaker each day...

A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn (Purchased)

Talia fell under a spell . . . . Jack broke the curse.
I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic. . . .
I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.
I awakened in the same place but in another time—to a stranger's soft kiss.
I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen.
Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner!
Now I'm stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of her jewels. . . . The good news: My parents will freak!
Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. Can a kiss transcend all—even time?


Not bad, eh? So I know I've got a lot to read, but I can assure you I'm reading as fast as I can, hopefully I can get another review up tomorrow! Alright, I'll keep you posted, adios!


-M.

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ooh you're so lucky to get Blue Moon that looks like such a great book. Enjoy.

Mariah said...

I have not read any of the others but Impossible is amazing!

Quacky the Ballads Duck said...

Me jealous of Crazy Beautiful...even if i'm NOT on the cover.

Please get my book??

-Quacky the Ballads Duck

Callie said...

Oh cool Barnes and Noble sale! I wish I lived near one. Good week. I've been wanting to read The Season for awile now. I got Blue Noon this week too. Enjoy!

Lauren said...

I got Blue Moon this week, too! Oh, and I already read Impossible and it's fantastic, I can't wait to see your review for it. :)

katie said...

I am so jealous of Crazy Beautiful and the rest look amazing too. Enjoy!

Windowpane Memoirs said...

I got The Season too. I will order Crazy Beautiful; let me know if you like it. I already read; Blue Moon and A Kiss in Time I like both. Enjoy.

Peace
Michelle

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

Ooh, I want Crazy Beautiful so bad! Happy reading!

Lizzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lizzy said...

Ok, so I seem to be having some blogger issues...but if this works...
Impossible looks like a really fun read, I'll have to add it to my list. Enjoy your books!

prophecygirl said...

Cool week you had. I'm looking forward to reading Impossible, it sounds great. Happy reading!