Monday, August 31, 2009

Can You Keep a Secret?

Can you Keep a Secret?
by Sofie Kinsella

# of pages: 400
Age Rating: 16+
Rating: 4.5/5

Meet Emma Corrigan, a young woman with a huge heart, an irrepressible spirit, and a few little secrets: Secrets from her boyfriend: I’ve always thought Connor looks a bit like Ken. As in Barbie and Ken. Secrets from her mother: I lost my virginity in the spare bedroom with Danny Nussbaum while Mum and Dad were downstairs watching Ben-Hur. Secrets she wouldn’t share with anyone in the world: I have no idea what NATO stands for. Or even what it is. Until she spills them all to a handsome stranger on a plane. At least, she thought he was a stranger.…Until Emma comes face-to-face with Jack Harper, the company’s elusive CEO, a man who knows every single humiliating detail about her...

I never planned on reading this, I never even knew this book existed. I was staying at a Cape house my family rented and was checking out the books in the house (as any good book addict should) when I saw this girly-pink cover staring right at me. Even though I had other books to read I decided to try this one out, especially since the author - Sofie Kinsella - wrote the shopaholic series, also the best movie ever!

This book was fabulous! I was laughing all the time at all the scrapes Emma managed to get herself into. And her new CEO, Jack, loves reminding Emma that he knows everything about her. The ending had a great twist, and the plot flowed seamlessly. This book was such a great summer read, light but lovable.

Definitely check this out when your in need of a fun book, perfect for the plane, train, or bus ride to keep you occupied and flipping for more. If you like this book then check out:


Confessions of a Shopaholic: Sofie Kinsella
Something Borrowed: Emily Griffin
Girls Night In: Meg Cabot
Little White Lies: Genna Townley
Chasing Harry Winston: Lauren Weisberger
She Went all the Way: Meg Cabot

You can buy Can You Keep a Secret here (only $4.39 used!)

Meet Sofie Kinsella here

Check out these other cool covers:



-M.


2 comments:

NotNessie said...

This book cracked me up, too! You should also read Remember Me? by this author.

BookMac said...

Thanks for the suggestion!