Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Random Updates

Here's another one of my random updates that I do every once and a while, enjoy!

1.) Vampire Diaries - T.V. Show?
The Vampire Diaries series were the first vampire books I read after Twilight, and they were also the first ebooks I ever read, so they hold a special place in my heart (aw!). So I was very excited when I heard that the books were going to be a T.V. show, and also a little disappointed because it may ruin it for me. Though I'm looking forward to the show, I was disappointed with the cast and plot. Not only were the characters completely different than I pictured them, but they changed the plot line giving Elena a brother. They also made Elena have brown hair and brown eyes, where as book Elena is blond and blue eyed. I think it's because they want Elena to be similar to Bella. I mean check out the new series cover (below), copied much? I never really understood the significance of the Apple in Twilight, and I don't understand it here. Thoughts?

2.) Two new polls!

Poll number 0ne: Better series?

Twilight or Harry Potter

Both swept across the world becoming international sensations. Actors Daniel Radicliff, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint became millionaires before 13, and were forever known as Harry, Hermione, and Ron. Kristen Stewert, Roberet Pattinson (who was in Harry Potter), and Taylor Lautner take the stage as Bella, Edward and Jacob, and can be seen on every Us weekly magazine or People in a supermarket near you. Both series are filled with Fantasy and Romance (even if it's only a little love in HP). Games, clothes,movies and merchandise galore have made both authors money machines, but which book is better?

Poll number two: Colors in our Posts?

Yes, No, or Occasionally

There isn't much to explain for that one.

So Vote now!

Alright I think 'm done...for now.

-M.

8 comments:

La Coccinelle said...

I think the apple in Twilight was supposed to represent forbidden fruit... or maybe forbidden knowledge (once Bella finds out Edward's a vampire, she can't un-know that fact!). I don't know. It seems like a stretch in any case. I have no idea about the apple with regards to the other series, though, because I'm not familiar with it.

BookMac said...

hmm, didn't think of that. Thnx!

Sarbear said...

I never thought about this until now -- she was blonde in the book, huh? That's dumb if they want her to look like Bella.

...MY NAME IS ELENI AND I AM A BOOKAHOLIC... said...

I can't wait to see Vampire Diaries TV show, I'm interesting in seeing if they stick to the books. However I am disappointed that Elena is brunette and not blond like in the book..

elnice said...

I had the books, but got rid of them after several not so great reviews. I am anxious to watch the series though, I hope they do a good job.

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Is this the pole? As I enjoyed Twilight, I have to say Harry Potter wins my vote hands down.

Kelli Christine said...

It's funny that you thought they were trying to make her look more like Bella, because I've also heard people say that it looks like he is trying to hard to look like Edward.

Also, it bothers me that one of the promos looks almost EXACTLY like the opening scene to Underworld.

I haven't read this series, but it's been on my wishlist for awhile! I am interested in checking out the tv series anyway, but I think if I were in your shoes, and have read the books, I'd probably be a little scared the show would ruin the books for me too.

Froggy said...

I thought the same thing when i saw who was playing Elana..why isn't she blonde! LOL