Sunday, September 6, 2009

IMMB (10)

IMMB is hosted by Kirsti at the story siren, who I am sure is baffled at how many of this weekly meme's come up every week. Anywho, I only got two books this week which is honestly fine because I have so much stuff to read.



Holly Cathers is not the same person she was almost a year and a half ago. After discovering her connection to an ancient legacy of witches, Holly has accepted her destiny as a descendant of the House of Cahors. She is determined to end an intergenerational feud that has plagued her family for centuries.

Holly will have to overcome unworldly obstacles as she battles to protect her loved ones -- including Jer, a member of the rival House of Deveraux and her one true love. A war of magical proportions is being waged, and Holly is at the center of it all.

Lives will be lost, and sacrifices will have to be made....






Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge
Catching Fire *squeal*

I had to wait for my brother to read it first (he bought it) and now *squeal again* all I can say is that it is soooooo good. Review should be up sometime next week!

>-M.

7 comments:

The Story Siren said...

these look like two great books! which i need to read myself. i hope you enjoy them! happy reading and thanks for participating in IMM!

Windowpane Memoirs said...

I'm reading Catching Fire so far is very good. Happy Reading!


Peace
Michelle

katie said...

I loved Catching Fire and I really need to read the Wicked books. Enjoy!

Rebecca said...

Great books. I've been meaning to read the Wicked books. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

April said...

I have the Wicked books and should definitely get to reading them ASAP.

Catching Fire seems like it's going to be FAB!

~The Book Pixie said...

Yay for Catching Fire! Enjoy!

~Briana :D

Julie said...

I just got Catching Fire today, and I am dying to read it! I can't wait to read your review and see what you think about the book.