Saturday, October 17, 2009

Blood Promise




Blood Promise
by Richelle Mead
# of pages: 512
age range: 14+
rating: 4.5/5
publisher: razorbill (august 25th 2009)

How far will Rose go to keep her promise?
The recent Strigoi attack at St. Vladimir’s Academy was the deadliest ever in the school’s history, claiming the lives of Moroi students, teachers, and guardians alike. Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them. . . including Dimitri.

He’d rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her best friend, Lissa—the one she has sworn to protect no matter what—and keep the promise Dimitri begged her to make long ago. But with everything at stake, how can she possibly destroy the person she loves most?

I totally forgot to review this book, I'd read it awhile ago, while I was reading another book, and with school and everything else going on I blanked on reviewing it. (oops!) I actually went to the signing for this book, and it was actually the first YA book signing I'd ever been to. It was a long, but great experience, and I would love to do it again! Richelle (pretty name, right!?)is actually a very funny person and it was a pleasure meeting her.

To say I was anxious to read this book would be a major understatement. With the cliffhanger on the previous book, Shadow Kiss, I think it can be agreed among all of us VA fans that Blood Promise was instantly a "must read". Richelle did not disappoint. From the very first page I was sucked in, flipping page by page, up at all hours reading.

Rose, *spoiler alert for those who haven't read the first three books*, was in Russia on her search for Dimitri, the now Strigoi, and was without luck. As the book progressed I was introduced to Dimitri's family, a new Russian friend, and a "mobster"(term used loosely) who has a connection to Rose unbeknown to her.

With a dramatic climax and (another *groan*) cliffhanger ending, I was on the edge of my seat through the span of the book, eagerly waiting for more. By the end, those 500 pages didn't seem to be enough. This is a fabulous fourth installment to the series, and believe me when I tell you, I am dying (haha) to read the fifth, but not final, book; Spirit Bound.


If you liked this book or series, check out:
Blue Bloods (and following books): Melissa de la Cruz
Morganville Vampires: Rachel Caine
Evernight: Claudia Gray
Wiked Lovely: Melissa Marr
Ink Exchange: Melissa Marr.
The Hunger Games: Suzanne Collins
Graceling: Kristin Cashore
Strange Angels: Lili St. Crow

Buy this book on Amazon now (only $9 HC!): here

Check out Richelle Mead here

look at this slightly different cover:









-M.

5 comments:

Dani. said...

Great review. I loooove this book and the whole series to be exact. :)
I think its funny that you said it was a long(but still good) experience because i think it went super fast, couple hour experience for me. :)
As with you, I am also dying to read Spirit Bound!
May 18th, 2010 can not come soon enough.

-Dani

austenfan said...

Me too! I cannot wait to read Spirit Bound! More Christian please... :)

natalierenae said...

Just finished and reviewed this one myself! I can't wait for Spirit Bound to be released either! Darn Richelle Mead and her cliffhangar endings...

Natalie @ Mindful Musings

Alyssa Kirk @ Teens Read and Write said...

I'm a vamp lover and enjoy Rachel Mead's stuff. Great review!

Book Whisperer said...

I have to agree I totally loved this book and series. What did you think about Dimitri this time?