Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Contest!

Yay! Halloween! The perfect holiday for all of us paranormal lovers. Ghosts, goblins, zombies, vamps, and CANDY! What's not to love?

As fun and awesome as Halloween is, it can be even better! How? Well when there is a Halloween contest of course!


Check out these Halloween books up for the win!






Jade Green: a ghost story

At first glance the large brown house at the end of Stone Street seems so forbidding that Judith Sparrow wants to turn back. But turn back to where?
Recently orphaned, she has no alternative other than to be taken in by her stern uncle Geoffrey, who agreed to the arrangement with one peculiar provision: Judith could bring with her whatever belongings she liked except for anything green. The color green is strictly forbidden in his house.
Upon arrival at the house, Judith is determined to make the best of it and indeed is cheered by the warmth and charm of Mrs. Hastings, her uncle's housekeeper, if less so by her older cousin Charles, who seems to alternate between friendliness and a certain suspicious animosity. Even her uncle seems willing to open up to her at times.
But then strange, ghostly things begin to happen, and Judith finds her happiness in her new home, including a budding romance with Zeke, the miller's son, compromised by terrifying experiences she can share with no one, not to mention the ghastly stories she hears about the household's past.
And Judith must wonder if her one small transgression of the rule -- her having concealed in her trunk a small green picture frame given to her by her mother -- has somehow caused it all by bringing that past to life again.







Vampire Breath





Exploring his basement, Freddy and his friend Cara discover a mysterious bottle labeled ""Vampire Breath"" and accidentally break it open, unleashing a very thirsty Count Nightwing on the town.















Revelations: a blue bloods novel

Have you ever wondered what secrets lurk behind the closed doors of New York City's wealthiest families? They're powerful, they're famous... they're undead.
Schuyler Van Alen's blood legacy has just been called into question--is the young vampire in fact a Blue Blood, or is it the sinister Silver Blood that runs through her veins? As controversy swirls, Schuyler is left stranded in the Force household, trapped under the same roof as her cunning nemesis, Mimi Force, and her forbidden crush, Jack Force.When one of the Gates of Hell is breached by Silver Bloods in Rio de Janeiro, however, the Blue Bloods will need Schuyler on their side. The stakes are high; the battle is bloody; and through it all, Carnavale rages on. And in the end, one vampire's secret identity will be exposed in a revelation that shocks everyone.




+Some CANDY!


Open to U.S. only, sorry :( Even though it's a holiday there's still a hole in my wallet.


I'll be sure to make one of my other contests international though!


EXTRA ENTRIES


+5 For posting this somewhere, twitter, blog, sidebar etc.
+5 If you are a follower
+4 If you link this contest on your sidebar or post about it
+3 If you follow us on twitter (bookmac13)
+2 If you tell me your favorite part of Halloween
+1 for commenting on any of previous posts


DEADLINE: 10/31/09

22 comments:

natalierenae said...

+5 Old Follower!
+4 Link on Sidebar
+3 Follow on Twitter (mindfulmusings)
+2 My favorite part of Halloween is haunted houses! I love giving myself a good scare!
+1 Comment on review of Blood Promise!

Natalie @ Mindful Musings
n_monzyk_27@yahoo.com

Staysi said...

+5 Follower
+2 Linked to sidebar:

http://lostininkreviews.blogspot.com/

+2 My favorite part of Halloween is having a movie marathon with my friends and going to haunted attractions around town.

+1 Commented on your IMM post (13)

Thanks for the contest! :)

Kelsey said...

+5 follower
+2 dressing up and trick or treating(: lol!

Kelsey
kelseythebookscout at gmail dot com

Sandra said...

+5 Am a follower!

+3 Also on twitter (@morgansl)
+2 If you tell me your favorite part of Halloween

I like handing out candy to the kidlings and my dog has to say hi to each and every one of them :)

Llehn said...

+5 Already a follower
+2 Trick or treating!

lesly7ch(at)yahoo(dot)com

Cari said...

+5 old follower
+3 I follow
+2 I love leftover candy people get rid of at work! :)

Cari
neohippy10 hotmail

Lindsay's Photographys said...

I would LOVE to win this!!
Thankyou!! :D:D:D

+5 I am a follower
+2 My favorite part of Halloween is giving myself a good scare!!:D
+1 for commenting on any of previous posts

-Lindsay

lindsay15photo@gmail.com

throuthehaze said...

+5 already a follower

+3 follow on twitter @throuthehaze

+2 my fave part about Halloween is dressing up in costumes

Raelena
throuthehaze at gmail dot com

Alyssa Kirk @ Teens Read and Write said...

Haven't heard of Jade. Looks good!

+5 follower
+4 link to our sidebar
+3 follow on twitter
+2 Dressing up is my fav part
+1 commented on Blood Promise post

total +15

Thanks for a great contest!

Alyssa Kirk @ Teens Read and Write said...

By the way, we're at
teesreadandwrite.blogspot.com

and our twitter account is

teensrandw

also email if you need it is

demonicattractions@gmail.com

Alyssa Kirk @ Teens Read and Write said...

Hey guys, I also wanted to let you know we've got a multi-book contest going on where you can pick from a bunch a book and so far there will be 7 winners. If you want to put your name in the hat the link is:

http://teensreadandwrite.blogspot.com/2009/10/our-first-megabook-giveaway-with.html

Gook luck if you join in!

Anonymous said...

do you think people really want a goose bumps book? Isn't this a YA book blog?

Erica said...

Please enter me :)

+5 follower
+3 follow on twitter @thebookcellarx
+2 My favorite part of Halloween is trick or treating lol :P I know i'm too old really, but who can pass up free candy?

:) Erica
thebookcellar@wi.rr.com

Misty said...

Ooh!
+5 follower
+4 sidebar link @ Book Rat
+2 favorite part is definitely the costumes. I love dress up. :-)
+3 Twitter follower (@DarlingMisty)

~Misty
mbradenwf@gmail.com

Bianca said...

+5 follower
+4 If you link this contest on my sidebar
+3 Follow you on twitter @bianca1946
+2 One of my favorite parts of Halloween is all the Halloween movies on TV!
+1 for commenting on any of previous posts

infinitemusic19 at gmail dot com

TheKurgan said...

+5 already a follower
+4 link on my sidebar
http://thekurgan.blogspot.com/
+3 follow on twitter (Scary4Eva)
+2 my favorite part of Halloween is dressing up.

Spicegirls53842@aol.com

Martha Lawson said...

Great contest!!

+5 I am a new follower on google.
+2 I love seeing all the kids dressed up in their costumes.. they are so cute.

mlawson17 at hotmail dot com

Staysi said...

You have an award over at my blog!! :)

http://lostininkreviews.blogspot.com/2009/10/another-award.html

donnas said...

Please include me.

I am already a follower.

Posted it here: http://donnasbloghome.blogspot.com/2009/10/contests-found-this-week_25.html

Linked on sidebar here: http://donnasbloghome.blogspot.com/

bacchus76 at myself dot com

Cherie J said...

Awesome contest! Please enter me.

+5 Follower
+3 following on Twitter
+2 Favorite part of Halloween is taking my 3 year old and 6 year old to the local fall festivals in the community and of course all the delicious candy

cherierj(at)yahoo(dot)com

Ashley said...

Please enter me, thanks!
booksobsession(at)gmail(dot)com

+5 I'm a follower.
+4 Posted on my sidebar at http://booksobsession.blogspot.com
+3 I follow on twitter @booksobsession.
+2 I love dressing up for Halloween! It's so much fun choosing a costume each year (plus getting candy, yay!).

WilowRaven said...

Just in case it's not too late!

+5 Follower
+2 Favorite part of Halloween? Giving out candy to all the trick or treaters!

WilowRaven[at]yahoo[dot]com

Thanks!