Sunday, November 1, 2009

In My Mailbox 13

This week in my mailbox I got 2 books! Thank you Kirsti for hosting this fabulous weekly meme! *claps*

Anyways, I hope everyone had a fabulous Halloween holiday! I also hope everyone got lots of CANDY! Yum!

Today is El Dia de los Muertos, which is the "Day of the dead", for the Mexicans it is a day where they celebrate their deceased ones and honor them by decorating their graves and making yummy food. Though I myself am not Mexican, I do take Spanish as a second language, so I thought it would be nice to mention this special holiday!

Alright, moving on, the first book I got was....



Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


Explorer X-Alpha
by L.M. Preston

For most kids, a trip to space camp is the trip of a lifetime for Aadi it was life altering. After receiving a camp immunization needed for travel to Mars, Aadi finds that the immunization is the catalyst of an insidious experiment. He realizes what is happening too late for a change of fate. The full experiment is set in motion when he and his co-pilot, Eirena, crash in a distant galaxy called Shrenas, where they change and realize the full extent of their power. This turn of events forces him to grow up quickly, accept his change, and to decide to save a world, or to do what he was trained to do dominate it. His power is coveted by the warring leaders of Shrenas, and he is forced to choose sides a decision that may prove just how much humanity he has left.
-M.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Day of the Dead is a really fascinating holiday- I mentioned it on my blog too, since I feature illustrated books on a pretty regular basis and there are A TON of good ones about Day of the Dead. Happy reading!

Emily
What Book is That?

La Coccinelle said...

Enjoy your books!

YA Vampire Books said...

You got hush, hush? Wow, I'm so jealous!! Hope you enjoy it!