Sunday, December 27, 2009

IMMB 17

Christmas came with lots and lots of goodies! Santa was extremely generous this year.

My first big present was a nice new laptop which I absolutely love! It's an Acer aspire 1410, it's a mix between a netbook and a laptop. Basically it has 6 hours of battery life, windows 7, a webcam, and fast Internet, plus 250gb of hard drive. I'm in love!

Here it is, isn't it cute?! I'm looking for a good skin/cover for it, something fun but I haven't found anything yet.

My second techy gift was a camera! I love taking pictures but I didn't want to haul around some giant camera, besides those things are extremely expensive! So, I got the cannon powershot A1100 is. It's small enough for a purse/pocket but the pictures are awesome. I don't know about other people but I really like cannon camera's. I've tried Sony, Nikon, and Exilm (is that how you spell it?) but none of them - imo - take as good a picture as the cannon's. I guess it's to each their own.


Now for the really good stuff, BOOKS!

From my grandparents and one aunt and uncle I received:




From my parents I received this oddly shaped present. When I first unwrapped the paper, Fire by Kristen Cashore fell out all new and shiny. That alone got me super excited, but I had no idea what was in the mysterious white box below the book. Opening it slowly, I practically screamed when I saw what was inside. It was filled with new hard cover books, straight from my wish list. I was beyond happy, ecstatic even. I'd never received so many books, it may have been my favorite present of all. Here are all the books below.





So that was a bit of a ramble, but hey, I only get to do it once a year! Anyways, what did you guys get over Christmas, I want to know!

Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday!

-M.

6 comments:

Laura (The Bookie Bunch) said...

Congrats on getting such an awesome gift and some spectacular books!

Here's what I got this week! http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2009/12/book-haul-christmas-edition.html

Have a great and safe New Year!

Ah Yuan // wingstodust said...

I got a copy of Swoon too! I'm looking forward to it. =D And yay Van Alen Legacy! Blue Bloods series makes me happy and squeeful. <3

April said...

Hurrah for books for Christmas, hope you love all of them!

robin_titan said...

Whoa! Awesome, awesome gifts!! Enjoy!! :D

YA Vampire Books said...

Wow you got some awesome christmas presents! A computer! A Camera! Lots of books! Consider me jealous :P

Wrighty said...

Such awesome gifts!!! I need a new laptop and hope to get a new camera soon too. I have Fallen and Swoon but all the rest of those books are on my wishlist too. They look so good! Enjoy!!!