Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fallen

Fallen
by Lauren Kate

Age Range: 14+
# of Pages: 446
Rating: 5/5

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.


Three words: I have Fallen...for Fallen. Okay that's technically five words but the ellipsis(the name for the: ...) separated it perhaps? First of all, beautiful cover! When you touch it you feel as though you are touching suede. In other words; it is very, very cool. Cover aside, I had read mixed reviews for this novel. Some hated it, other loved it. I loved it.

I guess you can say I'm a sucker for a good dark romance book. I love suspense and passion mixed together, which this book provided. And a strong heroine is an admirable quality in a lead character, which Fallen also obtained. Right from the get-go, I was sucked into Fallen's characters and the plot. Immediately I wanted to know more about Luce's mysterious past, and why she ended up at such a terrible, no-nonsense school.

Lauren Kate did an amazing job developing her characters and creating a seamless plot that was both suspenseful but deep, with a heart pounding romance and an ending that left me craving for more. The writing was fabulous for the novel and I loved how detailed the descriptions were of the characters/setting without being overbearing.

All in all, this was a fabulous novel and I absolutely can not wait for the sequel to come out, it will make a lovely addition to my book shelf.

If you liked Fallen be sure to check out:

The Dark Divine: Bree Despain
Hush, Hush: Becca Fitzpatrick
Bleeding Violet: Dia Reeves
Old Magic: Marianne Curley
Vampire Academy: Richelle Mead
Immortal: Gillian Shields

Check out Lauren Kate here

-M

3 comments:

✖Mizz Yasmin✖ said...

I am currently reading this book.
After reading your review, I wanna finish reading it fast!

Yeah, some people hated it.
But it's their opinion.
I can't wait to find out whether I like this book or LOVE it.
:)

Dani. said...

Great review:) I cant wait to read this one, especially after your review!

Book Monster said...

I loved this book, glad to know you did too :)