Friday, March 19, 2010

The Van Allen Legacy

The Van Allen Legacy
by Melissa de la Cruz

# of pages: 384
Age range: 14+
Rating: 4/5

With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss's true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry, love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Jack and Schuyler are over. Oliver's brokenhearted. And only the cunning Mimi seems to be happily engaged.

I Love the Blue Bloods series. Even though I'm kind of over the whole vampire thing I still really enjoy the fresh and creative characters that Cruz creates in her novels. I also love how she ties real world things, and religion into her novels to make her books more urban fantasy than flat out "vampire novel",

I will admit I was a bit disappointed in Revelations, the third book because it was quite confusing, but, I am happy to say a lot gets cleared up in this novel. The book takes off almost a year after the end of Revelations with Schuyler and Oliver. I won't tell you too much because it will ruin the book but let's just say they were reunited with some old friends and new hope in built for many of the characters and their futures. Basically there was a happy ending - sort of.

As usual, I really enjoyed the enticing plot and writing, as well as my favorite characters. It bothers me sometimes how the character POV switches all the time, I feel as though Schuyler isn't even really the main character because there are so many, I wished the book focused more on her.

Overall however I thought it was a good novel to keep readers satisfied as well as answer some questions. I am eagerly awaiting, though, the fifth novel in the series currently titled Misguided Angel. I also love the covers to the novels, they are so pretty!


If you like this book/series be sure to check out:

Vampire Academy: Richelle Mead
Morganville Vampires: Rachel Caine
The immortal series: Alyson Noel
Hush, Hush: Becca Fitzpatrick
Evernight series: Claudia Gray
Luxe series: Anna Godberson

Also be sure to check out Van Allen Legacy HERE for a bargain hardcover price of $6.50

Check out Melissa de la Cruz HERE

-M.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Thanks for the review. I'm glad someone liked this book. I've been hearing at different blogs that the series went downhill.

I just won this book in a contest and can't wait to read it. But I first have to read the rest of the series because I completely forgot what happened in the first one!

Book Monster said...

I'm still dragging through the third one. Anyways great review!!