Monday, April 26, 2010

The Reckoning

The Reckoning
by Kelley Armstrong

# of pages: 400
Age range: 13+
Rating: 4.5/5

My name is Chloe Saunders. I'm fifteen, and I would love to be normal.
But normal is one thing I'm not.
For one thing, I'm having these feelings for a certain antisocial werewolf and his sweet-tempered brother—who just happens to be a sorcerer—but, between you and me, I'm leaning toward the werewolf.
Not normal.
My friends and I are also on the run from an evil corporation that wants to get rid of us—permanently.
Definitely not normal.
And finally, I'm a genetically altered necro-mancer who can raise the dead, rotting corpses and all, without even trying.
As far away from normal as it gets.



Let me start off by saying this series is one of my all time favorites ever. Not only is it suspense filled, action packed but there is also character depth and development along with a sprinkle of romance. After The Awakening, which is the second book in the series, I was desperate to read The Reckoning, but like everyone else, I had to wait almost a year for that day to come. Torn between buying the book and spending sixteen dollars or waiting for it to come at the library, I buckled at ten o'clock Saturday night and bought the ebook online.

I stayed up until 1 am reading. It was that good! The Darkest Powers series is one of the most gripping series I have ever read, right from the first page readers are sucked into the story, and you can't put it down until the very last page.

The story begins right where The Awakening left off, and Chloe follows a ghost up to the roof top at the safe house she is staying in. From that point on the action kicks in and we get to see all the characters (and Derek!!!) step into play. For those of you who have been waiting on the tips of your toes (is that even an expression?) for some romance between Chloe and a boy, you will not be disappointed. Chloe will have to choose between Derek and Simon, finally!


As for the overall novel it was just as good as the last ones. A lot of questions were answered, and the plot moved quickly and was filled with action and drama. I loved the characters in this book and it was extremely sad to know this was their final adventure together, at least for awhile.


I thought there were still a few unanswered questions, so there is hope that their story is not entirely over :)

If you liked the Reckoning check out these books (although there really isn't anything quite like them!):

Evernight: Claudia Gray
Vampire Academy: Richelle Mead
Need: Carrie Jones
Evermore: Alyson Noel
Blue bloods: Melissa de la Cruz
Shiver: Maggie Stiefvater

Buy the Reckoning HERE



Visit Kelley Armstrong HERE

If you've read the book you probably know about Chloe's love interests (Simon and Derek). I'm on team Derek and I found this super cute fan art picture of them. Awww.














-M.

1 comment:

Kath said...

Great review. I really enjoy this series as well. I really liked the fan art!!