Thursday, June 24, 2010

Infinite Days

Infinite Days (Vampire Queen)
Infinite Days
by Rebecca Maziel

# of Pages: 336
Age range: 14+
Rating: 5/5

"Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you...no one."


Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust. I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn't Rhode.But Justin was...daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.I never expected to be sixteen again...then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me.

I have been hesitant to read anymore vampire novels after reading countless numbers of them following the twilight phenomenon. However, Infinite Days had a unique twist to the "cliche vampire book" that drew me in right from the synopsis. I was extremely excited when I received a copy for review from St. Martin's Griffin, and eagerly dove into it the day it came in the mail. And I didn't stop until I was done.

From page one I was captivated by Maziel's story, and by Lenah's character. Watching Lenah step into our world - as a human, after hibernating for one hundred years as a vampire - was so interesting to see, and I thought Maziel expertly portrayed Lenah's emotions. The flashbacks to her vampire days throughout the book were woven into the story seamlessly, and the thematic "Gothic romantic darkness" of vampires rung throughout the whole story making the novel more intense and intriguing.

I loved the action and  romance that Maziel spread throughout her novel. Not only was the writing extremely well done, but the plot flowed nicely and the characters developed as they should in any notable book. The ending held closure but also left readers waiting expectantly for the next installment in this series.

I'm so glad I was able to snag a copy of this book, and can not wait to read the next one. If you like this book be sure to check out:

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
Evernight series by Claudia Gray

Visit Rebecca HERE

UK trailer.

3 comments:

韋富 said...

要照顧身體歐~保重

Heather said...

I loved this book! It was such a relief to get away from the typical vampire stories and have something new and fresh to read.

AtenRa said...

Great!I'll definitely give it a try now!