Friday, June 4, 2010

Spirit Bound

Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, Book 5)
Spirit Bound
by Richelle Mead

# of Pages: 496
Age Range: 14+
Rating: 5/5

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's-and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives beyond the Academy's iron gates to begin. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there, somewhere.
She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. And this time he won't rest until Rose joins him... forever

Let me start off by saying that if you have not read the Vampire Academy series you absolutely must! Needless to say, I raced to the bookstore the day Spirit Bound came out and picked up my open shiny copy. I read it immediately when I got home. Then read. And read. And read some more.

Richelle Mead has a way of sucking you into her stories, there is never a slow moment. Right from the get-go Rose and her friends found themselves racing off into another adventure. It is hard to explain Spirit Bound without giving anything away but I will say that Dimitri comes back (eep!) and Rose has to make some extremely hard decisions...

The writing was excellent as usual, and the characters were all original and fun in their own ways. I love Rose's confidence and humor, but it bothered me sometimes how she used Adrian. I know almost everyone is Team Dimitri, but I want Rose to be with Adrian! The ending was a usual cliff-hanger, and now we all have to wait until December to see how the rest of the series unfolds (groan!).

I will miss them all, but I can't wait to see all my favorite characters again in Last Sacrifice.

If you like this series you will like:

The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, Book 3)
Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires, Book 1)
Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, Book 1)
Strange Angels
Evernight (Evernight, Book 1)
Evermore: The Immortals

Visit Richelle HERE

-M.

4 comments:

AtenRa said...

Rose bothered me too,at times.Especially when it came to Adrian.But that goes to show that there is only so much she can do, that she is only human.I believe that what happened to her in Russia(Blood Promise) changed her forever,making her a bit colder and a bit less considerate of others, for lack of a better word.Don't get me wrong, she still cares A LOT about other people and will always try to protect them.But I think she's extremely tired physically and mentally and she doesn't really cares anymore about how she comes across.

湘柏辰嬌 said...

任何事都是由一個決心,一顆種子開始。 ..................................................

BookMac said...

AtenRa, I havee to agree with you on that one!

Maria the Bookworm said...

Great review! I cannot wait to read this book, just finished Blood Promise :)