Sunday, August 1, 2010

Artist Arthur Interview


Welcome Artist Arthur, author of Manifest, the first book in the Mystyx series!

This interview is a little different than most since it is part of a blog tour. All of the participants of the blog tour submitted questions to Artist and she answered them all in one massive interview. The question list was sent out to all the bloggers and we got to pick and choose our favorite questions to create our own interview!

1.) Jo said...Why did you decide to write a YA novel, and why in the fantasy genre?

I was encouraged by a lot of people in my life to write something interesting for our youth. I’m a believer in signs so I figured with so many people saying the same thing, I owed it to myself to give it a try. I love paranormal and so far my romance has been contemporary so this was my opportunity to do something totally different.

2.)Anne said...Are any of your characters based on real people?

Each of my YA characters is based on a variety of people. My daughter, myself as a teenager, teenagers from my church, some I hadn’t ever met. I’m an observer so I take tidbits from people that I see and think would be interesting in a character.

3.)The Brain Lair (KB) said...Is Artist your real name? Also, how did you guys find the model for the cover?

Yes, Artist is my real, legal name. :)

I have nothing to do with the design of the cover beyond giving a character and sometimes a scene description. The publisher takes care of all of that. I just happen to agree wholeheartedly with their choice.

4.) iluvhersheys_andbooks said... Of all the paranormal creatures currently "sweeping the YA nation" why choose ghost over vampires, werewolves and faeries, oh my?

Because everybody seems to be choosing vampires, werewolves and faeries and I wanted to tell a different story, give readers another entity to consider when they think of the paranormal.

5.) Dwayne said...Since Manifest is infused with paranormal mystery, do you have a personal paranormal experience that you can share with us?

Sometimes I’ll be in a room by myself and think I see shadow or feel like someone or something has moved past me. It’s weird and doesn’t happen all the time, but each time it does, I wonder…

Thank you everyone who submitted questions! And if you haven't already read Manifest be sure to pick up a copy, it is out today!

-M.

1 comment:

文岳仲君 said...

Judge not a book by its cover.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .