Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Radiance + Contest

Radiance Radiance by Alyson Noel

 
# of Pages: 192
Age Range: 11+
Rating: 3.5/5
Release Date: August 31st

Riley has crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. She has picked up life where she left off when she was alive, living with her parents and dog in a nice house in a nice neighborhood. When she’s summoned before The Council, she learns that the afterlife isn’t just an eternity of leisure. She’s been assigned a job, Soul Catcher, and a teacher, Bodhi, a possibly cute, seemingly nerdy boy who’s definitely hiding something. They return to earth together for Riley’s first assignment, a Radiant Boy who’s been haunting a castle in England for centuries. Many Soul Catchers have tried to get him to cross the bridge and failed. But all of that was before he met Riley.

I was lucky enough to get an arc from BEA of Radiance and got to meet Alyson Noel in the process. Though I talked to her for about .5 seconds, she seemed really nice and is really pretty! She kind of reminds me of Diana Peterfruend look wise. Anyway, she signed a book and bookmark for me and I was on my way!

Radiance, for those of you familiar with the Evermore series is about Riley, Ever's sister, who is dead. This middle grade novel is about Riley's time in the afterlife and also explains in more depth what happened to Riley the day she died and what she does while she's dead. Radiance starts off however with Riley attending her first day of the afterlife school. Things don't go exactly as plans and Riley finds herself in a very new position entirely. Determined to succeed at her new calling in her afterlife, Riley must face her greatest fears, and in the process learns more than she ever could have imagined about  herself, and also the (dead)people around her.

Although Radiance was for a slightly younger audience than I usually read it was a cute book and is a must read for Evermore fans.. Radiance is a great read for people transitioning into the YA genre, from MG. Despite the fact that the book was short Riley still managed make great character development even though I felt it was a bit rushed. The book flew for me so I didn't really feel  I got to know the characters as well as I would have in a longer more drawn out novel. None the less, Noel's fun and witty writing is still present in Radiance which made for an enjoyable read.

If you like Radiance be sure to check out:

Immortal (Immortal (Qulaity))
Evermore: The Immortals
The Faerie Path

Visit Alyson Noel here

*CONTEST DETAILS*

Winner will recieve 1 signed arc of Radiance with a signed Radiance bookmark and also an Evermore series bookmark.

Please note: Arc is signed to Sue, if winner would like the name to be whited out please let me know.

Contest runs until August 31st at midnight.

Fill out contest form HERE.

Good luck!

-Megan.

7 comments:

Cass said...

ooh! I remember seeing a Q & A (the story siren maybe?), someone asked whether it was okay to have a giveaway for a book even if it's signed to them. Was it you? :P

Haha thanks for the giveaway. :)

BookMac said...

It actually wasn't me! But I was inspired, haha. I hope that's okay with people, I want to give it away but I feel bad that it is signed to another person

Alexander Bennett said...

I so need to read the Immortals series and then check this book out!

柔于真于真于真林姍 said...

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done today..................................................................

Pink Panther said...

Fab giveaway! :)

FionaChan said...

thank you :D

O_O how do you white the name out anyway, liquid paper? just curious lol.

FionaChan said...

... I think right, I accidentally forgot to add another 3 points at the total points. -__- sorry!