Monday, September 27, 2010

Auther Interview: Jessica Warman + Contest!

Meet Jessica Warman,

Author of

I'm lucky enough to have the chance to interview her here at Bookmac! Jessica's newest book Where the Truth Lies, hits stores tomorrow! Where the Truth Lies is a companion novel to Breathless.

1.) If you could choose one word to describe your book what would it be?

Deceit.


2.) Which of your characters was the most fun to write?

I absolutely love the character of Del Sugar. Writing about him is always a joy, no matter what he’s doing. I have a serious crush on him.

3.) Like Emily, did you ever go to a boarding school?

Yes! I was at boarding school for three years, from grades 10-12. Breathless is loosely based on my experiences.

4.) Where did you get the idea to write Where the Truth Lies?

 There were some characters from Breathless who I didn’t feel I was quite finished with yet – specifically Mazzie and Renee. And I’d written a book for my graduate thesis about Del Sugar as an adult – I wanted a chance to explore his adolescence, too, since he’s so interesting to me. Everything just kind of came together with “Where the Truth Lies.”

5.) On a scale of 1 to 10, how excited are you for your books release date?

10! Always a 10!

6.) Do you see yourself writing any new young adult books in the near future?
 
  Absolutely!  I love writing for young adults.  I have a book coming out next year, called “Between.”  It’s a thriller/ mystery, and I’m SO excited about it!  I also have a fourth book in the works that is scheduled for release in 2012. 
 
Can't wait to read about it!
 
*Contest Info*
 
Open to US only
 
Ends October 11th (2 weeks from today)
 
Enter HERE

-M.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Brilliant interview! I love when authors truly feel a connection with their novels' characters :)