Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hourglass

Hourglass (Evernight)
Hourglass
by Claudia Gray

# of Pages: 352
Age Range: 14+
Rating: 4.5/5

Bianca will risk everything to be with Lucas.



After escaping from Evernight Academy, the vampire boarding school where they met, Bianca and Lucas take refuge with Black Cross, a fanatical group of vampire hunters. Bianca must hide her supernatural heritage or risk certain death at their hands. But when Black Cross captures her friend—the vampire Balthazar—hiding is no longer an option.


Soon, Bianca and Lucas are on the run again, pursued not only by Black Cross, but by the powerful leaders of Evernight. Yet no matter how far they travel, Bianca can't escape her destiny.


Bianca has always believed their love could survive anything . . . but can it survive what's to come?

I am a huge Evernight fan. To me, the series gets better with every book, and Hourlgass is no exception. What started off as a slightly slow beginning picked up into an action filled, heated romance, amazing young adult vampire novel that I found extremely hard to put down.

I cannot say too much about the plot because I do not want to give any spoilers for people who have yet to read Hourglass, or the Evernight series. The main points are that Bianca and Lucas's love is put to the ulitmate test, and in the end, both might loose everything. Many long awaited answers are finally revealed, and readers will get to see their favorite characters in entirely new light. In other words, it was fabulous!

The writing was great, the plot was fantastic and full of surprises, and the characters continued to grasp my undivided attention - and my heart. This book was great, and the ending was killer - except for the major cliff hanger! I cannot wait for the fourth installment, Afterlife.

If you have yet to read this series, be sure to check it out! And if you liked Hourglass, take a look at some of the titles below:

Blue Bloods 3-Book Boxed Set
Evermore: The Immortals
Darkest Powers Trilogy Omnibus
Vampire Academy Collection
Hush, Hush
Check out Claudia Gray HERE

-M

2 comments:

Kelli (I'd So Rather Be Reading) said...

I like this review...boy, talk about grasping your heart big time with that twist at the end. I was floored! I agree that this series keeps getting better and better.

Tahlia said...

Thanks for this review. With so long between books I kind of lose the momentum, then wonder whether I'll get the next one or not. I certainly will now.

If you're interested, you can read ch 1 of my YA fantasy novel, 'Lethal Inheritance’on my blog.