Friday, September 10, 2010

Interview with Lauren Baratz-Logstead


Lauren Baratz-Logstead

Author of The Twin's Daughter

and:

Crazy Beautiful
The Education of Bet

& many more.


The Twin's DaughterHey everyone! I am so happy to have the chance to get an interview with Lauren Baratz-Logstead today, author of the newly released The Twin's Daughter and many other titles. So without further ado...

1.) When did you first think of the idea to write The Twin's Daughter?


I hope you're not looking for an exact date! I think it was an idea that had been percolating in me for years. I've always been fascinated with twins in general and then when it occurred to me to wonder what it must be like to be the daughter of an identical twin, the idea really took off.

2.) When is your favorite time to write?

Early morning, before fear and self-doubt have had a chance to tiptoe in.

3.) If you had to describe yourself in three words which words would you pick?

Lighthearted, serious-minded, resilient.

4.) Who was your favorite character to write in The Twins Daughter?

Kit. He's the most purely heroic male character I've ever written.

5.) If you could visit Victorian England what is the first thing you would do?

I'd go fairly early in Queen Victoria's reign so I could visit the Brontes and try to give them health tips so they might live longer. Can you imagine the books they might have written with more time?

6.) Do you see yourself writing more young adult books in the future?

Absolutely. In fact my next YA novel, due out next year, is called The Middle March and is about a contemporary teen and her unusual relationship to the classic novel Little Women.

***

Thank you Lauren, I can't wait to check out your new book!

-M.

No comments: