Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Ivy

The Ivy
The Ivy
by Luren Klunze and Rina Onur

# of Pages: 320
Age range: 15+
From: Blog Tour
Rating: 4.5/5

Congratulations! You have been admitted to the most prestigious university in the world. Now what are you going to do?



Callie Andrews may not have money or connections or the right clothes, and she may have way too many complications in her love life, what with—
Gregory
The guy she loves to hate

Evan
the guy she'd love to forget

Clint
the guy she'd love to love

and Matt
the guy she really should love

—all vying for her attention.


But she has three fantastic roommates (best friends or her worst nightmare?) and a wholesome California-girl reputation (oops) and brains and beauty and big, big dreams.


Will it be enough to help her survive freshman year at Harvard?


The gorgeous red cover alone was enough to draw me to this story. When I read the plot it became automatic must read on my mental book list. And I from the second I picked this novel up, I found it extremely hard to put down. I even read it amidst the craziness of a group study session before a field hockey game. I was dedicated, and this book was worth it.

A little bit of Legally Blond, The Clique, and The Duff all combined into one, the Ivy was addictive in a way vampires and Werewolves are not. Because let's face it, we know paranormal creatures not to be real, and while it's fun to dive into their world for many a story, the great thing about realistic fiction such as this book is that even though the events that take place are about as close to happening as we are to the sun, they could still happen! Which makes it much more fun to day dream about. I mean, I know  Edward Cullen isn't out there waiting for me, but Gregory...? Who knows!

Hot guys aside, The Ivy also has an awesome unexpected side story that has me captivated and shocked. And while I wasn't a huge fan of Callie's bubbly room mate, Vanessa, I loved all of the other characters and the fun angles they presented to the story. The writing was great too, and he plot was a definite win. I wasn't a fan so much of very very ending, not so much because of the fact that was a cliffhanger but more so because I felt like it was cut off awkwardly, but nonetheless it still managed to make me be eagerly awaiting the release of he sequel to this new series.

Check this book out! And if you like it be sure to take a look at:

The DUFF: (Designated Ugly Fat Friend)
Matched
Echoes
Smart Boys & Fast Girls

Visit the authors here

-M.

No comments: