Friday, December 17, 2010

Entice

Entice (Need)Entice 
by Carrie Jones

# of Pages: 272
Age Range: 13+
From: Publisher
Rating: 3.7

Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever. But that's not quite how things have worked out. For starters, well, Nick is dead. Supposedly, he's been taken to a mythic place for warriors known as Valhalla, so Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. But it's taking time, and meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But how to get to Valhalla? And even if Zara and her friends discover the way, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn't turned into just any pixie. . . She's Astley's queen 


I was so excited to receive this book for review from Bloomsbury after being a huge fan of Need and Captivate! I loved the original plot line of Pixi's, Were's and Fae that intertwined throughout the novels. However, Entice just didn't "entice" me as much as Need and Captivate did. That being said, Need fans will still love the action packed pages that fill this book.

Entice picks off from where Captivate ended, with Zara still getting used to her new Pixi self. Wasting no time at all, Zara immediately begins her quest to save Nick and must deal with the losses and consequences that come from her decision. Astley too must deal with some personal problems and also try to win Zara's heart while simultaneously helping her find her boyfriend, Nick. As Zara attempts to save Nick she gets closet with Astley, and more so than ever questions her heart, humanity, and the choices she has made.

By the end of the book I am proud to say I am officially on team Astley! Something about the blonde Pixi king hit the right note with me and I would be more than happy if he and Zara were to get together. I also enjoyed seeing how strong Zara's friendship were despite her change, and also how she adapted to her new self.

Unfortunately though, I just didn't feel like the characters were as deep, and Zara's quick choices started to annoy me after awhile. Alas, I am still a fan of this series and will definitely pick up the next book, I just think I expected more than was delivered. Don't let this sway you, however. If you are looking for a fun. action packed sequel to Captivate, then you will more than pleased with Entice!

If you liked Entice be sure to check out:

Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange)
Evermore: The Immortals
Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, Book 1)
The Iron Daughter (Harlequin Teen)
Hex Hall (Book 1)

Visit Carrie Jones here

Visit other cool pages:

  • http://www.facebook.com/BloomsburyTeens
  • http://www.facebook.com/NeedPixies

-M.

1 comment:

Alex Bennett said...

I really need to get my hands on this series.